Who will be Hollywood’s six top leading men of the next decade. Let’s take a look today on Horiwood.Com.
World trends create new male box office stars. The world wants male leadership in entertainment texts of a quality that resembles that of super-hero, supernatural actionesque, sci-fi, go-getter and vindicator of the oppressed. Men with spiritual or super-powers are what the world wants.
To best represent and capitalize on this trend that exists in the world; film franchises are the way to go. Nothing garners fan loyalty for studios than a film franchise with ready made sequels. Casting such billion dollar generating movie entertainment strategies is essential.
Hollywood studios, in the wake of Robert Pattinson Twilight Saga super stardom must pick their new Kings well. Here’s seven… for your entertainment who will dominate film, entertainment, tabloids, media here in Hollywood, the US and worldwide.
1. Robert Pattinson for Summit Entertainment as Edward Cullen and new film franchise ventures from Summit.
2. Taylor Lautner for Paramount Pictures and Summit Entertainment as Jacob Black and Max Steel. He is America’s reigning Native American Indian and teen action star King.
3. Ryan Reynolds for Warner Brothers and DC Comics in Green Lantern cast as: “A man is granted a mystical green ring that bestows him with otherworldly powers, as well as membership into an intergalactic squadron tasked with keeping peace within the universe.” Reynolds is the only Hollywood actor to land film franchise roles in both Marvel Comics and DC Comics adaptations for film. Both hands are full of ace cards for Reynolds in the 2010′s.
4. Taylor Kitsch for Disney’s John Carter of Mars film franchise. Aliens are hot. Kitsch is Disney’s great hope as the next Johnny Depp to carry Disney films forward. Miley Cyrus cast in Wings (Disney’s hope of a Twilight Saga-esque hit franchise) is Taylor Kitsch’s young female counterpart for Disney’s box office hopes in the 2010′s film franchising genre of US entertainment. Kitsch is Canadian born and knows his competition, Ryan Reynolds, strengths well, having both acted in Wolverine with Hugh Jackman.
5. Zac Efron for Johnny Quest, a remake of the 1964 classic: “Dr. Benton Quest is a research scientist who is frequently called upon for missions that require his scientific and technical expertise. He is usually accompanied by his son Jonny, his tutor/bodyguard Race Bannon, their bulldog with the distinctive mask-like eye markings named Bandit, and Hadji, an Indian orphan who has special abilities of his own. Together, they investigate mysteries, perform rescues and battle nefarious villains around the world, most notably Dr. Zin.”
Efron has already carried a film franchise home for Disney globally at the box office with The High School Musical franchised series. We know he can sing and dance, can he do action tough and hold his own?
Whose still up for grabs in the film franchising genre? Break out star, Alex Meraz has yet to be signed to a big studio film franchise. Meraz rated higher than Taylor Lautner did this year on Horiwood.Com. In this economy, true facts can’t be ignored when it comes to ROI on studio films and who has an audience draw that’s current and real at the box office. Whoever signs Alex has signed a superstar leading lad to carry a film franchise home.
7. Chris Hemsworth as Thor for Marvel Comics in a film directed by Kenneth Branagh and that also stars, Natalie Portman in the role of Jane Foster and potentially Samuel L Jackson in the role of Fury. Hemsworth is baby Brad Pitt/fused with Hugh Jackman to Megan Fox’s baby Angelina in the new Hollywood. Portman splices it down the middle, to say ‘I Am the new Angelina’ by agreeing to bring her star power to Hemsworth’s side and help make a new Hollywood King and hit film with Kenneth Branagh. But back to casting…
In addition, break out Australian stars, Ryan Kwanten of True Blood fame and Liam Hemsworth of The Last Song are also available to be cast in film franchises. These are your seven leading actors of the super-hero, supernatural actionesque, sci-fic genres selected to entertain you in the future from Hollywood.
They all play men with spiritual perception, great strength–played out via action roles of men with super-powers, a trend that the world wants more of.
The studios have picked their young Kings to represent in the 2010′s. Good luck fellahs! Some stiff competition here.
[Images: Ryan Reynolds via Geek Tyrant; Taylor Kitsch via TV Loop; Taylor Latuner by Hazeena via NewMoon.Org; Image of Zac Efron via Disney Dreaming; Chris Hemsworth image via Exposay]
What is lacking is African American break out actors. We have child actor Jayden Smith, son of Will Smith and pictured below… acting with Jackie Chan in the Karate Kid/ Kung Fu Kid film in China. This could become a sequel but he’s too young to be called a leading Hollywood actor, he’s more in training as his box office heavyweight father seeks to transfer some of his star power on his son.
We also need new Asian action stars in America. And of course being a hori and Maori of New Zealand being so excited about Taylor Lautner’s progress in Hollywood… we also could do with a break out Maori action star too, just to keep this Hollywood mix of leading men, mega hot]. More Latino leading men are needed also in Hollywood studio films.
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 12.6.09~
December 8, 2009 at 11:25 am
I just can’t wait for the Thor movie.
I’ve been a fan of Marvel Thor since the comics first started coming out and I’m pretty happy with the casting for the movie so far. Including Chris Hemsworth.
After all the years of reading Thor comics I decided it was time to give something back, so I started writing Thor fan fiction some years ago:
Also on more general science fiction I was published early this year:
and am expecting a second science fiction publication of mine to be out om Amazon some time in January 2010.