Gisele Bundchen may be pregnant, but that hasn’t stopped the supermodel from covering Vogue India, with a bit of help from photoshop. The Brazilian glamazon, gives a touch of her fashion heat and smarts to inspire the girls of Bollywood.
Here’s my 10 favorite supermodel quotes from Gisele Bundchen.
1. On why she got into modeling: “I was somebody who was lucky enough, when I was 14, to get a job that could help my family out financially.” [source]
2. On her philosophy about love: “I believe in feeling connected. Love is something that grows, that comes from nourishment; it builds. But there is a great feeling that happens, that is telling you, I don’t want to leave this room! Whatever that’s called, that’s what happened.” Vanity Fair.
3. On her small town girl existence in Brazil: “There were no traffic lights in my city, no movie theater — one hotel, and one bank… We didn’t have a housekeeper, so we all cleaned the house.” Harper’s Bazaar.
4. Gisele Bundchen, on not being a fashion victim: “I work in fashion but I’m not really a fashion person. I don’t follow trends. I couldn’t tell you which designer made that shoe or that bag. I like jeans.” The Hollywood Gossip.
5. On being followed around by the paparazzi constantly: “Believe me, if I had my way I would go around punching people.” People Magazine.
6. Gisele Bundchen on her work ethic: “I’m a workaholic. I’ve been doing my job for a long time. ” Ask Men.Com
7. On children: “I love children.” [that's a big thing for a supermodel to say... she's having more than one]… USA Today.
8. On having the courage to be yourself: “I think it’s better when you’re natural, when you just do whatever you want, instead of doing classes where I see all these other people holding back because they’ve been trained with certain skills or techniques. I’m like, whatever.” gisele-bundchen.us
9. On loving your step child with totality, like they’re your own: “I understand that he has a mom, and I respect that, but to me it’s not like because somebody else delivered him, that’s not my child. I feel it is, 100 percent. I want him to have a great relationship with his mom, because that’s important, but I love him the same way as if he were mine.” perez hilton.com as quoted in Gisele’s Vanity Fair interview.
10. On adopting children: “I would also love to adopt a child from Brazil. When you come from Sao Paolo, you see five-year-olds sniffing glue on the corner.” independent uk.
Personally, I like Gisele because she’s smart is one of six children and her dad is an author of self help books. Children of nerdy authors should rule the world. They’re grounded, like Gisele is renowned in the fashion world, to be.