From football glory, to a once cocaine addiction, to now having Courage to Love in San Diego, Miles McPherson inspires today here in California, USA.
Writes Miles to author Robert Ellis: “I would like to take this moment to thank you for sending me a copy of your book, “Courage to Love.” It will be a fine addition to my library. Your thoughts are very much appreciated in sharing this resource with others… “
Ten Things About Pastor Miles McPherson:
1. He believes he is “a man radically transformed by God.” In Hollywood, we like Transformers, so that’s fine by me.
2. A star footballer, Miles fulfilled his youthful dreams achieving a successful collegiate football career and playing in the NFL. Hot.
3. Spiritual emptiness, left him looking for love in all the wrong places. Like a plastic blag. Cocaine use was once his big vice. (I told you this guy was so Hollywood!)
4. When two football teammates introduced Miles to God, he reunited with his ex-girlfriend, Debbie (now his wife), and quit doing blow.
5. Miles embarked on a journey of theology.
6. Today, Miles is a nationally known speaker, and McPherson’s bold, down-to-earth, and humorous style has become his trademark. (I swear this guy could be a New Zealand Maori, with a sense of humor like that).
7. Miles is also a fine entertainer, often tackling issues that are tough, in order to make a difference in people’s lives, with similar struggles to what he has overcome.
8. McPherson earned an Emmy Award in 2007 for a documentary on methamphetamine. He’s Hollywood fit.
9. An author of several books, McPherson’s latest release is DO Something! Make Your Life Count.
10. His church is built with the same dimensions as Noah’s Ark was, as noted in the book of Genesis and the Torah. Miles is army families and Firefighters families friendly with much of his current work in San Diego. He’s rocking with people who serve community.
As a guy whose known victories, dark days, and the power of transformative love–Miles McPherson is a Pastor to keep an eye out for as a spiritual leader of the USA. He’s the first Pastor, I’ve picked here in America, to head a new category on this blog, titled Pastor Watch. I guess it was Miles sporting ability, that did it.
To read the book Courage to Love by tennis-playing Californian author, Robert Ellis (pictured above), a Romeo & Juliet styled novel set in the Middle East, that Miles McPherson has in his personal library. Go here to order online from Tate Publishing, or if in San Diego buy the book at Rockpile Bookstore, 2777 Rosecrans St. San Diego, CA 92106.
Aren’t people of Spirit, so inspiring in their own unique ways? I think they are. Rock on, Miles McPherson.
[With thanks to Morie Bell and Jayson Payne]. News source. The Rock website.
~Posted by Horiwood.Com, Hollywood California USA. 8.17.10~